We believe in working together
Partnership with Parents
The nursery recognises that working in partnership with parents is of major value and importance to the nursery in enabling it to provide a happy, caring and stable environment for children and their parents. We aim to form a good relationship with parents so that information regarding their children (be it developmental, social or health related) can be exchanged easily and comfortably by nursery staff and parents.
- The Owner, Business Manager, Room Leaders or teachers are always available for discussion with parents. Arrangements can be made for more private discussions at agreed times.
- Information provided by parents about children will be kept confidential and treated on a strict need to know basis.
- Information regarding the children's activities throughout the day is always verbally available to parents on a daily basis.
- Activity/topic plans will be on show in the nursery for parents to view/read.
- Regular newsletters will be issued to keep parents up to date with information about the nursery, e.g. new developments or staff changes
- There will be a Parents' Evening held once every term.
- If we have any concerns about a child's well being during the day every effort will be made to contact the parents or their emergency contact.
- When possible, to further encourage the children's development, parents will be asked to send in objects from home e.g. photographs, old boxes and cartons, for topic work.
- The nursery will operate an 'open door policy' where parents may feel welcome to come into the nursery at any time for advice, information or as a parent helper.
- Parents are requested to keep us informed of any changes to personal circumstances which may have an effect upon a child, e.g. change of address, telephone number, doctor, emergency contact.
- Parents are also requested to keep us informed of any circumstances which could have an effect on a child's emotional well being, e.g. beareavement, separation or illness in the family
What the parents say........
"Thank you so very much again for the care and development you show Noah. His confidence and conversations have truly advanced over the last few months. We would also like to thank you for all the extras: fireworks, parents' evenings, full feedback, experiences such as cooking pasta!"
"Beautifully friendly and loving to our son. Have excellent communication via handover and in newsletter..."
"Always feel very comfortable on entering the setting. It has a great happy atmosphere and I am perfectly at ease leaving my girls there as they have a great time"
"Very good. Lovely nursery, great outside space and lots of internal room as well. Lots of room to play and make a mess! Has a very open and friendly feel, which in turn means happy kids who really love coming to nursery"
"Exceptional! So efficient. The nursery is so well run and portrays such a happy and caring environment"