Current Job Vacancies
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) – Maternity Cover - 12 months – Commencing May 2018
Job Type: Part-time – 2.5 days per week – 25 hours per week – 51 weeks per year
This role is supernumerary and therefore you will be spreading your skills across the setting working with 1-5 year olds but office based.
All applicants are required to have a minimum of one years’ experience in working as a SENDCo in an Early Years provision. You will also require a minimum of a level 3 qualification, however those with a Foundation Degree or BA hons in SEND are highly sought for this role.
We offer a competitive salary and this will be dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Uniform will be supplied at our cost and we will also pay for the full DBS check required to work in childcare. We are a small nursery, holding up to 42 children each day and a small friendly team. We have staff on site parking.
The role of the SENDCo is to ensure that the setting actively promote inclusive practice and supports children who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The SENDCo has day-to-day responsibility for implementing the setting’s Inclusion or SEND policy and to work closely with staff, parents and outside agencies to support children with SEND.
SENDCos support inclusion in the following ways:
- Promote an ethos of inclusive practice within the setting Support staff to uphold the setting ethos and approach to children with additional needs.
- Support setting manager and senior team to ensure the setting provides inclusive EY provision.
- Ensure early identification and intervention is implemented across the nursery and support staff to assist children in the setting with support strategies.
- Talk to, advise and support practitioners who are concerned about a child.
- Ensure that relevant background information about individual children is collected, recorded and up-dated, and that all written records are completed.
- Support staff to do additional observation and assessment of children’s learning and development and ensure differentiated planning to meet that child’s needs.
- Support key person to identify smart targets and implement interventions.
- Support key person to complete Individual Education Plans (IEPs) in partnership with parents.
- Complete additional paperwork and referral forms supported by key person.
- Apply fir funded to support children in the setting who may require 1:1 care.
- To fully implement ISP’s, Risk assessments, funding applications, outside agency referral forms, attend meeting such as TAF, Review and School Transitions.
- Ensure that all practitioners work closely with parents/carers at all stages.
- Liaise with other professionals, including those from outside agencies.
- Arrange reviews meetings with parents and other professionals.
- Work closely with manager to ensure environment is tailored to the children’s individual needs.
- Follow all confidentiality and data protection rights.
- Attend staff/ planning meetings and have strong communication skills to support and listen to staff whom may need support with children in the classroom or via planning and observation.
- To work in the classroom with children whom have SEND, if the needs of the setting is so.
- You will be required to adhere to policies and procedures and have a working knowledge of safeguarding, SEN and inclusive practice.
This role will require you to be responsible for you continuous professional development. We will expect you to attend professional development opportunities, including external training to support areas for development identified during annual appraisal and sharing elements of training relating to SEND with practitioners during staff meetings.
Round and Round the Gardens Childcare are recruiting for a part time lunch time cover assistant.
This role is for 51 weeks per year, working 11.00am - 2.30pm Monday to Friday. Opportunities for overtime will also be available.
This role includes care of the children as well as supporting them over the lunch time period with their meals, setting up the classroom for lunch time but also for activities. There will also be times when you will support the children at sleep times and their personal hygiene.
This role also requires staff to have an up to day food hygiene level 2 which will be provided for by the setting.
Experience in an early years setting is desired but not essential. We are looking for a fun, energetic and motivated person to fill this role.
This role is available to fill straight away.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £7.50 to £9.50 /hour
If you are available for adhoc hours at the setting, working within all age groups from 1 year olds to 4 year olds and some days at last minute. This would be on a zero hour contract, but hours worked would be if convenient to you. We would ask that you have experience looking after children. A qualification in childcare would be an advantage, but not essential. If you are interested in joining our nursery as a cover member of staff we would love to hear from you.
Please call the office to discuss this further and to arrange an interview.
**We offer a small, friendly, family feel nursery team, regular social outings, Christmas party, performance related Christmas bonus, 28 days paid holiday, more than minimum wage salary, employee benefits including discounts in major high street stores, childcare vouchers, employee voice, employee of the month award, paid overtime, paid non-contact time and regular training courses.
Are you thinking about a career in childcare? Would you like to gain some experience in the childcare industry? If so have you considered volunteering in a setting?
At Round and Round the Gardens Childcare we are happy to offer you the opportunity to get some hands on experience in a, busy and thrieving full day care setting. Whether you are looking for experience while you are studying or considering a career change, or even if you are looking to get back into childcare after a break, we could offer you that valuable experience you need to progress in this sector.
If you are interested and would like to speak to someone regarding what we can offer you then please call Suzanne or Andi who will be happy to help.
Please note all voluntary workers will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check in order to work in the setting.
We look forward to hearing from you.